O'Reilly & Associates is developing an entire series of books on Java.
This series consists of introductory books, reference manuals, and
advanced programming guides.
The following books on Java are currently available or due to
be released soon from O'Reilly & Associates:
- Exploring Java, by Patrick Niemeyer and Joshua Peck
A comprehensive tutorial that provides a practical, hands-on approach
to learning Java.
- Java Language Reference, by Mark Grand
A complete reference for the Java programming language itself.
- Java AWT Reference, by John Zukowski
A comprehensive reference manual for the AWT-related packages in the core Java API.
- Java Virtual Machine, by Jon Meyer and Troy Downing
A programming guide and reference manual for the Java virtual machine.
- Java in a Nutshell, by David Flanagan
A quick-reference guide to Java which lists all of the classes, methods,
and variables in the core Java API.
- Java Threads, by Scott Oaks and Henry Wong
An advanced programming guide to working with threads in Java.
- Java Network Programming, by Elliotte Rusty Harold
A complete guide to writing sophisticated network applications.
- Database Programming with JDBC and Java, by George Reese
An advanced tutorial on JDBC that presents a robust model
for developing Java database programs.
- Developing Java Beans, by Robert Englander
A complete guide to writing components that work with the JavaBeans
Look for additional advanced programming guides on such topics as
distributed computing and electronic commerce
from O'Reilly in the near future.